If you’re trying to enhance the value of your house, either to resell or for your personal enjoyment, you could be searching for a pool to increase that value and pleasure. Here’s a comparison of ideas that may help you make that choice a bit more easily.
· An in-ground pool can run you several thousand dollars but because they include a variety of shapes and sizes that they give you the greatest amount of versatility. You can have a slide and a diving board and a deep end, and in case you have a square pool it’s easy to swim laps. The shallow end is suitable for water games and kids that are learning how to swim.
· An aboveground pool is significantly cheaper than an in-ground pool but requires additional decking and fencing for privacy and convenience. Also, the deep end isn’t so deep and because they are usually round they are difficult to swim laps in. These are great, but for splashing around on a hot summer afternoon.
· But if you are taking a look at an aboveground pool you may realize that a cheaper but equal alternative is to purchase a large inflatable pool that is large enough for several members of your family. These are not those tiny “kiddie pools” that you see in people’s yards. These are actually quite large inflatable pools but are also only suitable for splashing around and not for swimming.
· An alternative that many individuals don’t think about is a pool. These may go under a different name depending on where you live and they are fantastic for the serious swimmer that likes to swim laps and doesn’t have a great deal of space in their backyard. Occasionally measuring about 8 feet wide and 15 feet long these pools may not appear useful for very much but they create a present, like in a river, that pushes against you as you swim. That way you stay at one place swimming against the current, unlike at a current-less pool where you swim from side to side.
· Another alternative is to purchase a spa instead of a swimming pool. For young kids, a spa filled with non-heated water will still be as enjoyable since the kids do not swim but just splash around. And the adults can turn up the heat in the day and relax.
A swimming pool can be an expensive investment, especially if you don’t place a good deal of consideration into its usage beforehand. Take some time to think about what your swimming pool needs are currently and in the future.